Make a meme — get $2000
Shield Finance Meme Contest: Rules for Makers
Make a “Shield meme” related to DeFi insurance — get $1000 for 1st place, $700 for 2nd place, $300 for 3rd place!
Make a meme — get a maker prize (3 winners, $2000 pool).
How to Enter
- Share the contest announcement on your Twitter account.
- Create funny memes related to the upcoming Shield IDO on Ignition (2 memes max per person).
- Post on your Twitter account
- Mention @ShieldFinance
- Add #ShieldFinanceMemes hashtag
- Follow @ShieldFinance and join https://t.me/ShieldFinanceHQ
How to Win
- The Shield Finance team will choose 3 best entries from the participants who successfully adhere to the guidelines.
- 1st place — $1000 prize
- 2st place — $700 prize
- 3rd place — $300 prize
- Only two submissions per person. Extra submissions will not be eligible. Anyone discovered using multiple accounts to work around this rule will be disqualified.
- Only unique submissions will be accepted, duplicates will be disqualified (duplicates will be determined based on tweet timestamp).
- Additional rules apply, please see the Official Rules below/here.
- Contest begins on Apr 27, 2021 at 6 AM UTC and ends on May 2nd, 2021 at 6 AM UTC. All submissions must be made by May 2nd, 2021, 6 AM UTC to be eligible.
- Winners will be announced on Shield Finance Telegram group (https://t.me/ShieldFinanceHQ) on May 3rd, 2021 at 6 AM UTC.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- ENTRY PERIOD: Contest begins on Apr 27th, 2021 at 6 AM UTC and ends on May 2nd, 2021 at 6 AM UTC (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, eligible persons may enter as follows:
- Log into your social media account;
- Follow Shield Finance social media accounts before submitting the meme;
- Submit the meme using Twitter;
- Post the link to your tweet with meme to Shield Finance Telegram group & subreddit.
- Mention @ShieldFinance and
- Add the hashtag #ShieldFinanceMemes
In addition, all entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
- MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, violent, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace; or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; or contain images, words or text portraying nudity, acts of violence, or acts that are or appear to be unlawful or dangerous or in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created in their application; and
- MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Limit: LIMIT TWO (2) ENTRIES PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries from an invalid, non-working, or inactive account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
- SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: After May 3rd, 2021 at 6 AM UTC Sponsor will select three (3) prize winners by handpicking the best entries. The potential winners will be notified via direct message within five days after being selected. Each potential winner must respond to the winner notification within seventy-two (72) hours of being notified; if not, an alternate potential winner may be selected. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, POTENTIAL WINNER (OR HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF POTENTIAL WINNER IS A MINOR IN HIS/HER JURISDICTION OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE) MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AND RETURN AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY RELEASE (THE “AFFIDAVIT”) IN ORDER TO CLAIM HIS/HER PRIZE. If (i) a potential winner cannot be contacted in person by Twitter direct message after the first attempt to contact him/her, (ii) a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the 72 hours (if applicable), or (iii) a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by going to the next highest retweets from among the remaining eligible entries for the applicable prize.
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- PRIZE / PRIZE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: There will be three (3) Prizes (“Prize”) awarded. Each prize winner (“Winner”) will receive a reward in USDT cryptocurrency.
Sponsor shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the Prize or any other aspect of Winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize.
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of the Winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
2.WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Contest, and/or the legitimate operation of the Contest; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Contest or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or award the prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
2. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE PRIZES AND ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s grant to Sponsor (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request of Sponsor), and the Released Parties the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winner’s entry (including the entrant’s posted photograph), name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, opinions and biographical information (including but not limited to hometown and state) for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television or radio broadcast) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state court located in Panama City, Panama; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Republic of Panama without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
SPONSOR & PRIZE PROVIDER: Shield Finance HQ Inc. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Telegram Messenger, LLP.
Copyright ©2021 Shield Finance HQ Inc. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of Shield Finance HQ Inc. and/or their respective owners. All rights reserved.
About Shield Finance
Shield Finance is a multi-chain DeFi Insurance Aggregator that allows users to buy protection against major market crashes due to hacks, exploits, rug pulls, sell-offs, and other black swan events. We are currently integrating multiple insurance providers to provide our users with reduced slippage and expansive coverage.
For any questions about Shield Finance, please reach out to us on: